(You'll need to have an account with Aviators Market and be signed in to be able to use this feature.)
Note: These instructions may differ if you are posting an Ad via tablet or phone.
Aviators Market allows you to advertise your aircraft, engine, avionics, part, service, or real estate in its own market. Premium Ads, which gives more detailed customization, are $5 each. Only the Aircraft Market offers a free ad with less details and photos. To start posting a Premium Aircraft Ad:
- From the top left of the page, select SELL NOW
- Choose AIRCRAFT, then select PREMIUM AD and then NEXT
The first page contains all the specs about your aircraft, such as make/model, engine, and avionics. All fields with a * are required, but other than that, you can put as much or as little info as you like. If you are confused on any fields, here's a step-by-step guide. Keep in mind you can edit this information later:
- First, select the STATUS of your aircraft.
- Select the CONDITION.
- Select on the drop down menu labeled CATEGORY and select the option that best suits your aircraft. The single engine piston, multi engine piston, jet, and turbo prop categories will bring up an optional field to label your aircraft with additional classifications. Here's what the single and multi engine classifications look like:
- Type in or select the YEAR of your aircraft from the drop down menu.
- Registration and Serial number are optional fields, place them here if your want this information displayed.
- The MAKE and MODEL sections only let you select pre-approved options so as not to cause confusion.
- You can start typing in your make and model and select it, or view all make and models by selecting the drop down menu.
- If you cannot find your make or model, type in "Other," and select the red "here" text under the text box and fill out the form.
- Create your AD TITLE. We will automatically suggest a title for you based on the information you have already provided, but you can enter anything you like.
- SUMMARY is limited to 350 characters (including punctuation and spaces). Provide a brief description of your aircraft that will appear in the Ad listings. There is no need to include the year, model, make, or registration number as this info will be automatically displayed in the listing preview, as you have provided.
The next few fields are completely optional, but the more information you provide, the more search results your Ad will appear in, which may help your aircraft sell faster.
- In the DETAILED DESCRIPTION field, post more general information about your aircraft up to 5000 characters.
- In the ENGINE and PROP section, enter both make, model, and time for your engine and/or prop. There are also several overhaul options you can select from the drop down menu. If you want to give more detailed information, you can type it in the text box labeled ENGINE, PROP & MODS.
- You can provide the AIRFRAME TOTAL TIME, as well as any other details about the AIRFRAME, and detailed information about the AVIONICS of your aircraft in the provided text boxes.
- The next two sections INTERIOR and EXTERIOR have separate fields and both allow a space for year updated and a text box for a description.
The next field is the LOCATION of your aircraft. You'll have to create this location the first time you post an Ad, but from then on any Ads will keep this location as a default. Select ADD A NEW LOCATION and complete all fields to apply a location to your aircraft.
For PRICE, there is no need include a currency symbol as it will automatically be displayed when you select the currency from the drop down menu. You can either type in a price or check the "No price - display text" box and choose a phrase that will be displayed instead of a price (such as "Inquire for price.")
When you are finished entering all the information, you can select NEXT. If you have forgotten to complete any required fields, you will be unable to go to the next page. Red error text will label the missing, required fields. At this point, and at anytime you move on to the next page, your ad will automatically be saved as a draft in your "Manage Ads" menu. So if you click away from the ad or have to come back to it later, don't worry!
On the Media Page, you can provide various media for your aircraft including up to 24 photos, a video, and a maximum of 5 documents. Photos have a size limit of 5 Mb each, documents can be up to 10 Mb each.
To upload photos you can either:
- Select UPLOAD and select the files directly from your computer, or;
- Drag the files to where it says "Drag files here."
We can also display a video if it is hosted on YouTube; all you need is the URL. The URL is the web address of the video, to find this you must:
- Go directly to the video on YouTube.
- Find the address bar on the top of the screen.
- Copy the entire URL and paste it into the provided text box, the URL should look something like this:
4. Additionally, you should be able to directly copy the video URL by right-clicking on the video.
Lastly, you can also provide documents such as a spec sheet or log books. You can upload the documents by selecting UPLOAD or drag the files to "Drag files here." Only pdf, doc, txt, and xls files files are accepted.
Select NEXT when you are done to move on or PREVIOUS to go back to INFO.
At the top pf the OPTIONS Page, you can choose to downgrade to a free ad by selecting the "Free Ad" button, but keep in mind some options such as video, documents, or detailed info will be removed as these are Premium Ad features. Don't worry if you accidentally select "Free Ad" as when you reselect "Premium Ad" this information will reappear.
The next section is a selection of various upgrades that are $1 each. For a more detailed description of these upgrades, see this article. You can select as many upgrades as you like.
To add an external URL to your Ad, select the box next to the URL LINK BACK TO YOUR WEBSITE box that looks like this:
Below the Upgrade selection, two new fields will appear. In URL, place your website link. In the TEXT TO DISPLAY field, type in the phrase you want to display your link, such as "Visit us online."
To upload a logo, select the LOGO OR ICON Upgrade that looks like this:
The field LOGO/ICON UPLOAD will appear. To upload your logo or icon:
- Select UPLOAD to find a file on your device, or;
- Drag the file to"Drag files here."
(Note: Logos/Icons can only be a maximum of 2 Mb)
If you would like your Ad to auto-renew every 30 days (so that it doesn't expire), you can turn on AUTO-RENEW by checking the box that looks like this:
You can also turn this option on or off at anytime before the renewal date, which is one day before the Ad listing expires.
FEATURED LISTINGS, HERO SLIDER and the PLANE/JET OF THE WEEK upgrades are displayed prominently on our homepage, providing more exposure for your Ad (some restrictions apply). You will not be charged for selecting these upgrades at the time you post your ad, but if you'd like to be considered for a homepage upgrade, select one or more boxes and once your Ad has been posted, our Support Staff will be notified and will contact you to help with the rest of the process. See this article for more information.
Every Classified Ad must include the seller's contact information so that buyers can inquire about the item you're posting. If this is your first time posting an ad, select "Add a New Seller" and complete the information requested then select SAVE.
If this isn't your first posting, your default seller record will already be selected. You can edit this record by selecting the red Change link and selecting the Edit link.
You can also add a new seller record if, for example, you want buyers to contact someone else on your sales team (or your neighbor if you're helping to sell their item!). After completing the form, make sure the right seller is highlighted then select USE THIS SELLER.
There is also an optional POSTED BY field in this section that you can add the name of the person posting the ad, if it is different to the name of the account owner.
This page provides three different previews for your Ad: Grid View, List View, and Full Ad.
You can collapse/expand the sections below the DETAILS to see how this information will look. If you are satisfied with how your Ad looks, select next. If you want to edit any of the previous pages you can go back a page by selecting PREVIOUS or by selecting the page you want to edit.
Lastly, your PAYMENT INFO is collected. Your default payment information will automatically be selected, you can change it by selecting CHANGE, or you can add a new payment option. Your order total will be provided at the end in an itemized list including any upgrades you have selected. If you have a Promo Code, enter it in the promo field and click apply. Note: if you do not click apply, you will not receive the discount. Be sure the discount is reflected in the item list.
When you are finished, you can select PAY AND POST AD to post your Ad, or go back to edit other pages