(You'll need to have an account with Aviators Market and be signed in to be able to use this feature. These instructions may differ slightly if you are posting an Ad via tablet or phone.
Aviators Market allows you to advertise your aircraft, engine, avionics, part, product, service, or real estate in its own market. To post a Classified Ad to sell your new or used aircraft, sign in to your account then:
- From the top right of the page, select POST AD
- Choose AIRCRAFT
PAGE 1: INFORMATION
The first page allows you to enter basic information about your aircraft. All fields with a * are required, but other than that, you can put as much or as little info as you like. If you are confused on any fields, here's a step-by-step guide. Keep in mind you can edit the information you provide later:
- STATUS: Select the status of your aircraft from the options.
- CONDITION: Select the condition of your aircraft from the options.
- CATEGORY: Select the category that best suits your aircraft. The single engine piston, multi engine piston, jet, and turbo prop categories will display additional options to help classify your aircraft for searching and filtering - for example, here's what the single and multi engine classifications look like:
- YEAR: Select the year your aircraft was manufactured from the drop down menu (if you start typing, you'll see the options narrowed to what you've typed).
- REGISTRATION # & SERIAL #: These fields are optional fields. Type in the numbers if you'd like the information displayed on your Ad.
- MAKE: Start typing the make of your aircraft and select it from the list or select the down arrow to view all make options. If the make of your aircraft does not exist, please contact Customer Service.
- MODEL: Start typing the model of your aircraft and select it from the list or select the down arrow to view all model options. If the model of your aircraft does not exist, select OTHER then please contact Customer Service.
- AD TITLE: We will automatically suggest a title for you based on the information you have already provided, but you can enter anything you like in this field (up to 35 characters including punctuation and spaces).
- SUMMARY: Provide a brief description of your aircraft that will appear in the Ad listings. There is no need to include the year, model, make, or registration number if you have already provided it prior to this step, as this info will be automatically displayed in the listing preview. Summary can be up to 350 characters including punctuation and spaces.
- LOCATION: If this is your first time posting an ad, you'll need to create a location record. Select ADD A NEW LOCATION and complete all fields to designate the location of your aircraft. This record will be set as the default location of any subsequent items you post ads for.
- SELLER INFO: Every Classified Ad must include the seller's contact information so that buyers can inquire about the item you're posting.
- If this is your first time posting an ad, select "Add a New Seller" and complete the information requested then select SAVE.
- If this isn't your first posting, your default seller record will already be selected. You can edit this record by selecting the red Change link and selecting the Edit link.
- You can also add a new seller record if, for example, you want buyers to contact someone else on your sales team (or your neighbor if you're helping to sell their item!).
- After completing the form, make sure the right seller is highlighted then select USE THIS SELLER.
- There is also an optional POSTED BY field in this section that you can add the name of the person posting the ad, if it is different to the name of the account owner.
- PRICE: If you would like a price to be displayed, select the currency of the price (options are currently USD and CAN, USD is the default), and type in the price - don't forget to check the number of zeros! Alternatively, you can choose to display text - check the box then make your selection from the list:
When you are finished entering the information on this page you can select NEXT. If you have forgotten to complete any required fields, you will be unable to go to the next page. Red error text will label the missing, required fields. At this point, and at anytime you move on to the next page, your ad will automatically be saved as a draft in your "Manage Ads" menu. So if you click away from the ad or have to come back to it later, don't worry!
PAGE 2: DETAILS
The fields on this page are completely optional, but the more information you provide, the more search results your Ad will appear in, which may help your aircraft sell faster.
- DETAILED DESCRIPTION: Unlimited characters to include a detailed description of your aircraft.
- ENGINES: A good spot to add details about the engines, props and rotors, including the make, model and times/overhaul types. If you want to give more detailed information, you can include it in the text box labeled ENGINE, PROP & MODS (unlimited characters).
- AIRFRAME: Provide the total time of your aircraft here, along with any other details about the Airframe, and detailed information about its Avionics and Equipment in the provided text boxes (unlimited characters).
- INTERIOR and EXTERIOR: Number boxes for the year your aircraft last had its interior refurbished or repainted and text boxes for more information (unlimited characters).
PAGE 3: MEDIA
On the Media Page, you can provide various media for your aircraft including unlimited photos, unlimited documents and a link to your YouTube video. Photos and documents have an individual size limit of 20 MB each. We strongly recommend that you limit multiple uploads to 4 or 5 images at a time to avoid bandwidth issues. Large documents should be uploaded one at a time.
Photos and Images
To upload images you can either:
- Select UPLOAD and select the files directly from your computer, or;
- Drag the files to where it says "Drag files here."
After your images have been uploaded, you can change the order they display in by using the arrows to move them up and down in the list. The image in the first position will be the default image wherever your ad is displayed.
We can also display a video if it is hosted on YouTube; all you need is the URL. The URL is the web address of the video, to find this you must:
- Go directly to the video on YouTube.
- Find the address bar on the top of the screen.
- Copy the entire URL and paste it into the provided text box, the URL should look something like this:
4. Additionally, you should be able to find the video URL by right-clicking on the video.
Lastly, you can also provide documents such as a spec sheet or log books. You can upload the documents by selecting UPLOAD or drag the files to "Drag files here." Only pdf, doc, txt, and xls files files are accepted.
Select NEXT when you are done to move on or PREVIOUS to go back to previous page.
PAGE 4: UPGRADES PAGE
If you want to improve the visibility of your ad on the listing page and in search results, we offer several types of upgrades. If you have a website that you want potential buyers to visit, you can place an external URL on the details page of your Ad. You can select as many upgrades for your Ad as you like.
URL - Link back to your website
To add an external URL to your Ad, select the box and paste/type your URL into the URL field, along with the text that you want hyperlinked (eg: Visit us online or View My Website)
Selecting this box will shade the background of your ad so that it stands out in the listing pages and in search results. At this time, we only offer one color (yellow).
Turn on the Header Banner if you want to call out a special feature, price or offer for your aircraft. You can choose from our list such as "AWARD WINNER!" or "BREAKING NEWS!" or create your own custom message (up to 35 characters)
This is what it'll look like on your ad ↓
If you want to include your logo or an icon on your Ad, select the Logo or Icon box then either drag & drop the image in the red area or click to select an image from your computer or gallery.
If you would like your Ad to auto-renew every 90 days (so that it doesn't expire), you can turn on AUTO-RENEW by checking the box that looks like this:
You can also turn this option on or off at anytime before the renewal date, which is one day before the Ad listing expires.
If you'd like your aircraft to be featured on our homepage, select one of the upgrades and a team member will contact you regarding availability:
PAGE 5: PREVIEW
This page provides two different previews for your Ad: Grid View and Full Ad.
You can collapse/expand the sections below the DETAILS to see how the information you provided will look on the site. If you are satisfied with how your Ad looks, select NEXT*. If you want to edit your media or information on any of the previous pages, you can go back a page by selecting PREVIOUS or by selecting the page you want to edit.
*If you have not incurred any costs, you will not see the NEXT button which is the Payment Page. Instead, you will see a button that says POST AD.
PAGE 6: PAYMENT PAGE
Lastly, if you've chosen any options that fall outside of the FREE Ad, an order summary will be provided on the Payment Page. If you have a promo code, enter it below the order summary and select apply. If the promo code is valid, discounts will be applied to your order and will change the balance due (if you have a zero balance, you can skip the next section).
If a balance is due, you'll need to provide a payment method. If you've already provided a default payment method, it will automatically be selected...you can change it by selecting CHANGE, or you can add a new payment option.
When you are satisfied with your order, you can select PAY AND POST AD to post your Ad, or go back to the preview page, edit your upgrades or edit other pages.
SPECIAL UNLIMITED ANNIVERSARY PROMO!
Post as many Classified Ads FREE for 90 days as you like with our Anniversary Promo - that's unlimited ads with unlimited photos and unlimited documents with upgrades available for as low as $1 each! Advertise your aircraft, avionics, engines, parts, products, services and real estate at no charge!